Friday, February 02, 2007

Great New Political Site

From the creators of the best sports Wiki around (www.armchairgm.com) come a new political Wiki. http://politics.wikia.com/index.php?title=Main_Page.

Since shortly before the last election, I have been a devotee of www.dailykos.com. I really appreciate a liberal community on the web, and I believe that it plays a crucial, and practical role in electing Democrats to Congress. However, I have been frustrated with the intellectual discourse (more specifically, the lack thereof) at DailyKos. Please don't misunderstand me. I am not insulting DailyKos. I think it is the premiere liberal site dedicated to electing Democrats to Congress. I plan on continuing to be an active member of the DKos community.

I am also aware of what I consider to be the shortcomings of DailyKos. Most specifically, the flame wars, and the fact that many serious diaries, with serious ideas get ignored while people flock to the most base, inflammatory junk of the day. Knowing the people who created ArmchairGM, I think that politics.wikia is going to be a welcome addition to the world of political blogging. It has a main page and a page for people of all political persuasions. Anyone familiar with ArmchairGM, knows that this new site is going to be a terrific place for debate, and a smashing success. From now on, you will also be able to find all of my political musings at http://politics.wikia.com/index.php?title=Main_Page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home